How do I renew my membership?
Please follow the link to our PayPal portal
Choose Individual Membership/s from the drop down menu
Enter your NAGCAS contact ID as your reference
Click the yellow Pay Now button
Enter the amount when you are redirected to the PayPal page ($110 per membership)
Pay using your PayPal account or choose "Pay with a credit or debit card" on the right
Upon payment you will receive a receipt of payment directly from PayPal
We will receive notice of your payment from PayPal and will process your Membership renewal
We will issue you with a confirmation of membership renewal, a receipt of payment and your Membership Certificate for 2016. Renewing members can expect to receive this within one week of payment
This notice of receipt of payment can be used to seek reimbursement for your membership fees from your institution if it is offered, or for tax deduction purposes (membership fees with NAGCAS are GST free)
Please complete your membership renewal before December 31 to avoid disruption to your membership
Do I need a PayPal account to renew my membership?
No you can renew your membership with your credit card using the PayPal portal.
How can I get an invoice for my NAGCAS membership?
NAGCAS no longer issues invoices for individual memberships. You’ll receive a reminder to renew your membership with a link to PayPal. Once you’ve paid you’ll receive a receipt. NAGCAS memberships are GST free.
How do I claim reimbursement from my employer?
If you would like to request that your employer reimburses your membership, you can use the receipt you receive from NAGCAS and PayPal as proof of payment.
Can I request to pay multiple memberships on one invoice?
NAGCAS does not issue invoices for individual memberships and each membership should be updated by the individual responsible for his or her own membership.
How much is a NAGAS membership?
Individuals pay $110 per annum; Institutions and Organisations pay $500 per annum.
Is my NAGCAS membership tax deductible?
Yes, it is tax deductible.
What are the different levels of membership?
- Individual Membership: For career practitioners in the public and private sectors. Individual members can nominate for office bearing positions on the NAGCAS Management Committee. While there are differing categories of career recognition - the cost of membership is the same:
- Subscription: Entry level membership is open to all individuals committed to the aims and objectives of the Association who seek to affiliate with the Association’s activities. There are no specific requirements for qualifications.
- Associate (CICA) for individuals are employed or contracted to work within the post-secondary education sector and have completed and had recognised minimum Certificate IV qualifications in Career Development.
- Associate: for individuals employed or contracted to work within the post-secondary education sector and have completed and had recognised minimum Certificate IV qualifications
- Professional (CICA): individuals are employed or contracted to work within the post-secondary education sector and have completed and had recognised minimum Graduate Certificate or Vocational Graduate Certificate qualifications
- Professional: individuals who are employed or contracted to work within the post-secondary education sector and have completed and had recognised minimum Bachelor degree or Graduate Certificate or Vocational Graduate Certificate qualifications
 Or alternate pathway as may be approved case by case in line with NAGCAS policy.
I’m not a Career Adviser. Can I still join NAGCAS?
Yes, you can apply for a Subscription level membership, and then apply for a category change as per your experience and qualifications. Please see membership categories above.
What is the NAGCAS twitter account?
How do I meet and keep in touch with other members?
The NAGCAS LinkedIn private group is the main member to member communication platform.
Joining the NAGCAS LinkedIn Group
- Once your membership of NAGCAS has been confirmed you can join the NAGCAS LinkedIn Group, either via your existing LinkedIn profile, or by creating a new LinkedIn profile.
- Please go to the NAGCAS LinkedIn group page, and submit your request to join.
- Your application to join the group will be manually verified, so please allow a few days.
- Once you have joined the main NAGCAS LinkedIn Group, you may also wish to join one or more of the sub-groups, such as for your branch or special interest group. In each instance your membership will need to be manually verified. Please see below for the NAGCAS LinkedIn groups and their access URLs.
NSW ACT: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3925256
QLD NT Int: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2896101
VIC TAS: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2896072
Disabilities SIG: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4258428
I forgot my password or log-in
Why can't I access the member section?
Registration is open to NAGCAS members only.
For more information on becoming a NAGCAS member please see Membership
I can't log-in to Evolve to record my PD
How do I update my details and preferences for NAGCAS emails?